REGISTRATION PACKETS were sent home two weeks ago. PLEASE RETURN THESE PACKETS NO LATER THAN THIS MONDAY, APRIL 30TH. Thank you!
PAYMENT OF FEES: Please pay close attention to any bills due and try to project what fees may be needed to finish out the year. Remember – no grade cards or diplomas will be released until ALL SCHOOL FEES ARE PAID. If you have any questions, please call the school office.
The time is here!
- The 5th through 8th graders will be taking their trip this Friday, May 4th. They will go bowling at Country Club Lanes in Eldon from 8:30 to 10:30, eat lunch at the Eldon City Park from 11:00 to 12:00, and then go to play Lazer Tag at the Lake from 12:45-1:45 pm. Cost for this trip will be $10 per student. If desired, your child may bring a little extra money for a soda and/or arcade games. PLEASE ATTACH $10 TO THE FIELD TRIP FORM, WHICH IS ENCLOSED IN TODAY’S FOLDER.
- The preschool through 4th graders will be taking their Reading Counts trip to Bonkers, in Columbia on May 8th from 9:00 am to 11:00 am. The cost for this is $4, which includes admission, a cookie & a drink. We will eat a picnic lunch at Memorial Park in Jefferson City around noon and then come back to watch a movie in the gym. PLEASE ATTACH $4 TO THE FIELD TRIP FORM WHICH IS ENCLOSED IN TODAY’S FOLDER.
- Please find the R. C. Trip LUNCH FORMS – to be completed for all students going on the trip, and also for any ADULT attending. Please return with your field trip form(s).
- IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT THESE FIELD TRIP FORMS/LUNCH FORMS BE RETURNED ON MONDAY – THERE IS MUCH PLANNING THAT GOES INTO THESE TRIPS AND YOUR HELP AND COOPERATION MAKES EVERYTHING RUN SO MUCH MORE SMOOTHLY. THANK YOU!
- Congratulations to all students who earned the 200 Point Reading Counts trip!
For those students who are not going on the Reading Counts trip, this will be a regular day of school, with assignments which will count for grades. Also, for students earning the trip who may decide to skip – you will also be responsible for assignments missed that day.
Classroom arrangements next year will be: PK- Mrs. Massman, K/1 – Mrs. Eickhoff, 2nd – Mrs. Groose, 3rd/4th - Mrs. Werdehausen, 5th – Mrs. Haeffner, 6th – Mrs. Kempker, 7th – Mrs. Trachsel (7th grade will switch to Mr. Vandike in afternoon), 8th – Mr. Vandike.
Congratulations to Maggie Morris, who took 4th place in the 8th grade division of the Spelling Bee at St. Martin’s School on Monday. Way to go Maggie! You represent OLOS well! Congratulations to ALL the spelling bee participants: Joe Beck, Emily Love, Tevin Groose, Cameron Haeffner, Andrew Schulte, Ethan Adrian, Kalie Massman, Rachel Buechter, Ariana Evers, Sydney Trachsel, Alex Schulte, Sheldon Schulte, Maggie Morris, Tori Adrian & Aubrey Kauffman. Thank you for representing OLOS School!
8th grade parents: Please find the permission form in today’s folder for a trip to the Capitol with Mrs. Trachsel for 8th grade pictures on Tuesday. Please return this on MONDAY!!!
8TH GRADERS - SEND IN 8 PICTURES OF YOURSELF (generally from little on up to present) or a CD with these images. Stacy Schrimpf MUST have your pictures by Monday, April 30th.
Keep on Clippin! Thanks to all those who clip & save the Box Tops for Education. We received $118.40 for the last batch we sent in. Every little bit helps!
5-8th graders: You are invited to the Parochial Schools’ Fun Night for boys & girls, sponsored & chaperoned by the PAL Football League. This event will be held at the Firley YMCA (Ellis Blvd.) on Saturday, April 28th, from 6:30 to 9:45 pm. The cost is $10 per student, which includes pizza & soft drinks. Activities include rock wall climbing, dodge ball, obstacle course, volleyball, etc. Some of our students have attended this event in previous years and reported having a great time!
The last day of school is set for Tuesday. May 15th. The PRESCHOOL GRADUATION will be in-line with the awards ceremony and will take place at approximately 10:00 – 10:30 am (after the main awards are over). This will be a half day – dismissing at 12:00 Noon, with the awards ceremony at 9:00 am.
Remember to return your Friday Folder on Monday.
Have a great weekend!